Apprenticeship Opportunity Customer Service Engineer 2013
|November 12, 2012 - April 19, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Bühler is a specialist and technology partner for plant, equipment and related services for processing basic foods and manufacturing high grade materials. The company is a global market leader in the supply of flour production plants, pasta and chocolate production lines, animal feed manufacturing installations, and aluminum die casting systems. The core technologies of the Group are in the field of mechanical and thermal process engineering. Bühler Group operates in over 140 countries with the North American headquarters located in Plymouth, MN. |
Build a successful professional future with Bühler.
An apprenticeship with Bühler North America offers a unique start to your professional career. The program, based in Plymouth, MN, focuses on integral basic training which develops your technical, methodological, and social skills. The core training program utilizes a hands-on approach to develop skills across a wide range of disciplines. This 3-year program is divided into modules with classes at Dunwoody College of Technology and the Bühler Apprenticeship Workshop in Plymouth, MN. The program is paid for by Bühler, contingent on the successful completion and employment commitment.
Customer Service Engineer Profile
Customer Service Engineers are primarily responsible for the repair, installation, inspection and modification of machinery at customer sites.
- Repair, install, troubleshoot, inspect and modify Bühler and other manufacture’s equipment both at customer sites and at Bühler locations
- Assess customer’s maintenance and spare part needs
- Understand and follow Bühler procedures in order to timely and accurately follow through on customer needs
- Provide customer training
- Assist customers with process improvements
- Provide input for improvements in equipment and processes
- Promote Bühler Customer Service and help customers plan future service
Applying for the Apprenticeship Academy Program
Bühler uses several assessments to evaluate and select appropriate candidates for the Bühler Apprenticeship Program.
Final candidate selection will be based on assessment results, education, and a series of interviews. Our goal is to ensure the correct fit and success of each individual apprentice enrolled in the program. Applicants must be 18 years of age by Oct 1, 2013 and have a high school diploma or GED by the start of the Apprenticeship Academy.
1. Complete Questionnaire to Qualify for Open House
- Select Apprenticeship Opportunity Customer Service Engineer.
- Complete questionnaire by March 20, 2013
- Make sure to answer the apprenticeship specific questions after completing the application and you click on "Submit Application". Your application will not be considered if these questions are not answered and submitted.
2. Ability Assessment
If qualified, you will receive an invitation to an open house held in March 2013. Candidates will be asked to complete a 20 minute mathematic ability assessment.
3. Comprehensive Assessment Model Bühler CSE
Upon successful completion of the assessment at the open house, the candidate will be asked to complete a comprehensive assessment customized for the Bühler Apprenticeship Customer Service Engineer.
A series of personal interviews and final selection will be completed by April 2013.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.